Decisive leader with valuable experience and proven knowledge of various media formats.
- Three years of experience within the Walt Disney Company
- Over 10 years of experience in newsrooms across the country
- Over 15 years of proven successes in the television/entertainment/news business
- Coordinate coverage of events ranging from severe weather events, shuttle launches, Disney World press events and more
- Effective combination of creative, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with the ability to multi-task and master a variety of complicated skills
Local Programming Manager
Bright House Networks June 2012 – Present
Manage web team projects including collaboration, training and convergence.
Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a successful track record of creating, training and implementing social media strategies.
Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking, search tools, SEO and Web 2.0 and work closely with developers to create innovative ways to reach users.
Manage video on demand platform across markets.
Central Florida News 13- Orlando, Fl 2000-August 2012
Executive Producer/Social Media, CFNews13.com March 2009 – present
On a daily basis, manage web team for CFNews13.com including content, training and convergence. Leader of online redesign team for CFNews13.com from February 2010 through launch in July 2010.
- Champion of social media tools and technologies, with a successful track record of creating, training and implementing social media strategies.
- Keep up-to-date with constantly evolving technologies in online social networking, search tools, SEO and Web 2.0 and work closely with developers to create innovative ways to reach users.
- Produce interactive materials on a number of digital platforms using streaming media applications
Executive Producer, Special Projects August 2007 – March 2009
Created, managed and implemented special coverage for non-daily news events including:
- November 2008 Presidential Election and various municipal elections
- Space Shuttle Launches/Landings
Executive Producer 2002- September 2007
Oversee daily production, execution and presentation of morning news product, including breaking news and planning.
- Brainstorm, write, edit and produce daily morning news product
- Successful at expanding morning news audience
- Manage consistency and quality for highest rated time period of the day
- Maintain long-term editorial calendar including all news and sporting events
- Plan coverage for events in both news and sports
- Field producer for events at Daytona International Speedway, Kennedy Space Center and Walt Disney World
- Work with other media around Central Florida and in the Tampa Bay market to coordinate coverage and sharing agreements
- Assisted in new product launch, including News 13 en Espanol and cfnews13.com
- Bright House Networks Management Degree- August 2006
Senior Producer 2000-2001
Responsible for writing and producing nightly news product, including breaking news.
Liaison between editorial and production staff to ensure editorial coverage of major news events
- Write and edit copy, video and graphics for on-air use
- Organize daily rundown of stories and make sure vision of managers is executed
- Assisted in new product launch, including Weather Now
Disney Cruise Line
Public Relations Intern 1999-2000
- Worked with media to coordinate national/international press coverage regarding launch of new cruise ship
- Interviewed executives for biographical information for written press material
- Vital role in planning and organizing Maiden Voyage and Christening press events and obtaining media coverage
- Escorted media from the TODAY show, Cruise Critic and more, including syndicated travel writers
- Tracked press coverage of Disney Cruise Line and built database of national press contacts
Walt Disney World
Media Relations Intern 1998-1999
- Worked with national and international media to ensure coverage of Walt Disney World events and celebrity visits
- Escorted a number of high-profile media through Disney parks, including National Geographic and Wall Street Journal
- Worked with a large number of high-profile celebrities on various projects including Disney Press Events, Grad Night, Easter Parade and Christmas Parade
- Helped organize coverage for press events including Test Track Launch and Millennium Celebration
- Organized and implemented weekly events calendar for distribution to over 500 local, national and international media outlets
- Help write, edit and produce press releases and photos for news media
News Producer 1997-1998
- Responsible for the writing and production of two daily newscasts
- Served as weekend evening producer with responsibilities including writing, editing, scripting and timing newscasts
EDUCATION AND AWARDS
Michigan State University
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, May 1999
- Edward R. Murrow Regional Award, 2011, CFNews13.com
- CableFax Best of the Web Awards, 2011, CFNews13.com
- Bright House Networks: Woman’s Leadership Circle Graduate, 2010
- Society of Professional Journalists Sunshine State Awards –2009- Public Affairs Program
- National Academy of Television Arts & Science, 2009, Emmy Nominated, Destination Space
- Mayor Crotty’s Women’s Leadership Summit- 2007 Scholarship Winner
- 2006 Poynter Leadership Academy Attendee
- Florida AP Broadcasters Professional Scholarship- 2005 Winner